I am going to upgrade my Debian Unstable system. First of all I am going to check my sources.list and my sources.list.d directory.
I’ve seen this entry:
# Needed for oyranos Check preferences deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian squeeze main
which I am going to remove because I’m not using oyranos as a colour management system.
I am going to leave:
deb http://www.deb-multimedia.org sid main non-free
although I suspect that it’s the reason why I cannot install pidgin without uninstall kvirc.
I’m also going to disable some old stuff that I supposedly do not use:
# No need for apple-bl-gmux because Linux 3.10 includes it deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/sforshee/apple-bl-gmux/ubuntu precise main # Another colour management tool that I do not use deb http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/multimedia:color_management/xUbuntu_13.04/ / # This repo let me install an Orange 3G pendrive even if the repo is for Movistar deb http://www.tgcm.es/repo/ubuntu stable main # Oyranos repository deb http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/multimedia:color_management/Debian_6.0/ / # I bet this is for trying to do some hibernating in my mac without loosing my mind deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/thomas.tsai/ubuntu-tuxboot/ubuntu precise main deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/thomas.tsai/ubuntu-tuxboot/ubuntu precise main
So that’s it. Let’s update and upgrade. I use it inside byobu so that if ever Xorg system gets wrong it continues to run.
apt-get update apt-get dist-upgrade
Now I’m getting this error:
Se encontraron errores al procesar: /var/cache/apt/archives/python-mysql.connector_1.1.5-1_all.deb Error: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Spawn.PermissionsInvalid: The permission of the setuid helper is not correct E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
I’m going to run apt-get install -f and if it fails again I will remove that package for installing it later.
Well, actually the problem is about not having free space. I will run apt-get clean right now just after running apt-get install -f. And then I will re-run apt-get install -f. I always tell myself to remove libreoffice packages before updating but I sometimes forget about it.
Finally I remove some packages I do not need:
and I remove local packages to make some free space in root partition:
After updating my system I have had to remove special windows settings for KVirc because I was not seeing it when it was setup to be found in all of the desktops. I will need to add that special settings again and see if it’s a configuration version problem or if it’s KWin window special settings which are faulty.